I was traveling this past weekend and like to bring my own snacks so I don't find myself with a stomach ache on the plane! I made these quinoa protein bars and they were the PERFECT travel snack!
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 16 no sugar added whole (pitted) dates
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup natural crunchy almond butter
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Put dates into a food processor and pulse until they form a ball.
- Remove the dates (place into a mixing bowl) and add almonds into the food processor, pulse until finely minced.
- Add dates, almonds, almond butter, and quinoa into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place the mixture into a mixing bowl and start to shape into 6 2" by 1" bars.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips, and honey over low heat. Once melted, spread a thin layer of chocolate over the top of each bar.
- Place bars into the refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden