Clean Eating Chicken Noodle Soup
This weekend I was feeling a little bit under the weather and was sick of canned soup. This recipe was quick and easy. I must say I was impressed...it tasted DELICIOUS! I found the basis for the recipe at The Gracious Pantry, but added some of my own things in! Enjoy
- Any veggies you can put together, chopped small
- Veggie broth and/or chicken broth, no sugar added, low sodium
- No sodium vegetable bouillon
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cooked whole wheat noodles ( I only used a small amount, about one serving of whole wheat spaghetti broke in half)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts chopped
- For every cup of chopped veggies, use approximately 2 cups broth. (I used 4 cups chicken broth, 4 cups vegetable broth)
- For every 2 cups broth, use 1 bouillon cube.
- For every 2 cups broth, stir in 1 teaspoon of onion powder and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Bring everything to a boil and cook until the veggies are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool and salt to taste.
Note: If you are using onions and/or fresh garlic, saute them first in the soup pot using 1 tbsp. olive oil. Then add everything else in.
For my soup I used:
- Whole wheat spaghetti
- Baked Chicken breast