21 Day Fix Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
I just tried out this Quinoa and Black Bean Salad recipe from the new 21 Day Fix cookbook called Fixate that is being released next week...SO GOOD! If this is any indication as to what the rest of the book entails then we are in for a MAJOR 21 Day Fix upgrade! This will be what I bring to the next cookout I am invited to. People will have no idea that it is actually healthy for them because it tastes so good!
Serves 12 (1 cup each) Prep Time: 30min. Cooking Time: 12 min.
Container equivalents: 1 green, 2 yellow, 1.5 teaspoons
- 1/3 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (15-oz. ea.) black beans drained, rinsed
- 4 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar (ground pepper to taste; optional)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Combine lime juice, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Slowly add oil, while whisking constantly. Set aside.
- Combine beans, vinegar, and pepper (if desired) in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add quinoa. Reduce heat to a medium-low; cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Cool for 15-30 minutes. Set aside.
- Place cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Fluff with a fork.
- Add bell peppers, corn, cilantro, bean mixture, and dressing; toss gently to blend.
NUTRITONAL INFORMATION(per serving): Calories: 261 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 578 mg Carbohydrates: 38 g Fiber: 8 g Sugars: 2 g Protein 10 g
Made this yesterday for a Super Bowl party and the crowd loved it! Thanks for sharing JM!ReplyDelete
This is a continuous favorite recipe of mine, all year around!ReplyDelete