Body Beast Turkey Chili
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey meat
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 (15 oz.) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce (no sugar-added variety)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
WHAT TO DO:
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in kidney beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 min. or until thickened.
- Serve warm sprinkled with parsley.
Tip from the trainer: Store in individual containers and freeze for future meals.
Substitutions: You can substitute diced chicken or turkey breast for turkey. Add garbanzo beans and organic corn for additional texture and flavor.
How many servings does this make?ReplyDelete