Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers halved length wise, ribs removed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 7 oz can of diced green chilis
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 TBS taco seasoning (I just used my own little concoction of spices: paprika, cumin, cayenne, chili powder, salt, pepper)
- 1/2 TBS cumin
- 1/2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese (I just sprinkled a little on top)
- 3/4 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent ( about 3 minutes). Add in meat and cook until browned. Drain any excess fluid.
- Add in black beans, tomatoes, green chilies, water, quinoa, cumin, taco seasoning, salt and pepper if desired. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium/low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375. Place peppers in 13 x 9 baking dish. Spoon in filling and top with cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with avocado, non-fat greek yogurt (Sour cream replacement) and salsa (optional). Enjoy!
Post a Comment