CITRUS GRILLED CHICKEN
I got this recipe from my favorite clean eating site The Gracious Pantry and made it last night for dinner. It was so good! I have a habit of just making things very plain and boring, which is fine for me but NOT good when I have a guest. So to spice things up a little for my friend Rikki I made the citrus chicken and was pleasantly surprised!The citrus was not over powering, but added some flavor! Perfect for not boring the hell out of my guest! I steamed some broccoli and baked my favorite sweet potato for sides! Quick and Easy! Enjoy!
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1. Zest orange and lime into a large bowl.
2. Squeeze orange juice into bowl.
3. Add oil, garlic and chicken, tossing to coat.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
6. Remove chicken from marinade, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cook chicken until done.