BBQ Cauliflower Bites
This recipe was pretty quick and easy to make, but there were a couple of things I would do differently next time around. I used whole wheat flour which I was not a fan of, and next time around I would use a honey BBQ sauce. Other than that they were pretty good. I'd like to try the same recipe with chicken instead of cauliflower and I think it would taste like general Gau's chicken.
1/2 head of cauliflower
1 cup of flour
1 cup non dairy milk
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke (optional)
1 cup of BBQ sauce
1. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Cut cauliflower into thin strips about 1/2 inch wide.
3. Mix flour, non dairy milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, and liquid smoke together in a bowl.
4. Dip cauliflower pieces in flour mixture, making sure to coat the entire piece.
5. Place cauliflower pieces onto a non stick baking sheet.
6. Place in oven for 15 minutes.
7. While cauliflower is cooking, heat BBQ sauce in a sauce pan.
8. Remove cauliflower pieces from oven and dip them into the BBQ sauce. Place pieces back on the baking sheet and cook for 5 more minutes.
9. Remove from oven and enjoy!