Low Carb Baked Onion Rings
These O-rings were very quick and easy to make, and were so good! I am making them again ASAP!
1 Large sweet yellow onion , sliced into 1/3 inch rings (should yield approx. 20 rings)
2 slices of Ezekiel bread
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
dash of sea salt
(optional-Increases Carbs) 1/4 cup of Oat Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
2.Once oven has been preheated, place bread on baking sheet and toast for approximately 8-10 minutes.
3. Remove bread from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before handling. Once cooled, tear bread apart to make bread crumbs. I used my ninja blender.
4. Place egg white and whole egg in a bowl and beat until combined. In another bowl, combine Ezekiel bread crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. (if you chose to use Oat flour add this here as well)
5. Dip each onion ring in egg mixture and then in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
Post a Comment