Fall and football season are here! I have decided to test out different clean eating appetizers for each game until the Super Bowl! These zucchini poppers were easy to make and pretty tasty. They have a little kick to them, which I enjoy. They reminded me of a veggie egg roll minus the roll. I dunked them in liquid aminos (sort of like soy sauce) which made them even more delish! On a clean eating football game appetizer scale of 1-10 I would give these a 6. They were tasty finger food, but I was not savoring every last bite.
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put zucchini and carrot into a food processor and pulse until it is finely grated. (be careful not to pulse too much and turn into mush)
3. Pour zucchini and carrot onto a paper towel and blot the moisture off as much as possible.
4. In a bowl, combine zucchini and carrot mixture, onion, flaxseed, egg, and spices. Mix until completely combined.
5. Roll mixture into small smalls and place them on a greased cooking sheet. They will stick if the sheet is not properly greased.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned. I kept mine in a little longer because I wanted them extra crispy.
7. Let cool and enjoy!