Game Day Bison Chili
I love bison. It is a good lean option for meat. I added spices to taste after it was put together because I like spicy. It was a quick, easy, healthy chili recipe perfect for watching the Pats kill it! I added some non fat Greek yogurt, blue corn chips, and salsa.
Total Time: 50 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 35 min.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds lean ground bison
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 (15-ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce (no-sugar-added variety)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bison, onion, bell peppers, and garlic.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until bison is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
6. Serve warm sprinkled with parsley.