Ultimate Reset Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam), peeled, cubed
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos (or himalayan salt, to taste; optional)
- Herbal seasoning blend (to taste; optional)
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add sweet potato; cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain. Set aside. Roast bell pepper on grill or gas stovetop. Turn frequently until skin is evenly charred. Place in medium bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes. Peel skin under running water. Remove seeds. Chop into 1/2-inch cubes.
Place sweet potato, bell pepper, ginger, oil, miso, and broth in a blender or food processor, in 2 or more batches if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth. If consistency is too thick, add water. Heat soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until hot. Add Bragg Liquid Aminos and seasoning blend if desired.