Clean Eating Doughnut Recipe
In honor of National Doughnut Day I decided to try out a clean eating version of Homer Simpsons favorite treat. I got this specific recipe from The Gracious Pantry, and although I don't eat doughnuts often...or ever...I thought they were really tasty!
Now one thing to keep in mind is that just because a recipe is 'clean' that doesn't mean that you do not have to abide to proper portions. That being said, when I have a treat I prefer clean treats! I did not have a doughnut pan to use when trying out this recipe so I improvised by using a cup cake pan and then a cupcake cutter that I found at the local party store. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the donut pan lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Whisk together aggressively until slightly foamy.
- Pour the liquid into the flour mixture, then mix together until blended into a sticky/thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into your doughnut pan (I used a cupcake pan) and bake for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the doughnuts because they can burn quickly.
- Set on cooling rack and top with your favorite doughnut toppings.
Post a Comment