21 Day Fix: Minestrone Soup
Serves 6 (2 cups) Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking Time: 20 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving): 3 Green 1 Yellow 1/2 Purple
It's soup season and I LOVE me some Minestrone! It has always been my favorite since I was a little kid. This recipe from the 21 Day Fix cookbook was easy to make, didn't take a lot of time, and totally fulfilled my soup craving!
-2 tsp. Olive Oil
-1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
-2 medium carrots, chopped
-2 celery stalks, chopped
-1 clove garlic, finely chopped
-4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
-2 cups Tomato Sauce
-1 lb. Swiss chard, stems trimmed, leaves chopped
-1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
-1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
-1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
-6 tsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
-6 tsp. Chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add broth, tomato sauce, chard, and potato. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; gently boil for 8 minutes, or until chard is wilted and potato is tender.
5. Add beans; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve immediately sprinkled evenly with cheese and parsley.