21 Day Fix: Minestrone Soup
Serves 6 (2 cups) Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking Time: 20 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving): 3 Green 1 Yellow 1/2 Purple
It's soup season and I LOVE me some Minestrone! It has always been my favorite since I was a little kid. This recipe from the 21 Day Fix cookbook was easy to make, didn't take a lot of time, and totally fulfilled my soup craving!
-2 tsp. Olive Oil
-1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
-2 medium carrots, chopped
-2 celery stalks, chopped
-1 clove garlic, finely chopped
-4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
-2 cups Tomato Sauce
-1 lb. Swiss chard, stems trimmed, leaves chopped
-1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
-1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
-1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
-6 tsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
-6 tsp. Chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add broth, tomato sauce, chard, and potato. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; gently boil for 8 minutes, or until chard is wilted and potato is tender.
5. Add beans; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve immediately sprinkled evenly with cheese and parsley.
FYI potato wasn't on your ingredient list. Would you mind sharing what kind you used and how much of it please?ReplyDelete