Clean Eating Fig,Apple and Sage Stuffing
Serves: 16 Prep Time: 25 min. Total Time: 35 min.
I found this recipe on the Clean Eating Magazine website. I could not find figs at the store so I replaced them with unsweetened dried cherries. I did not like the cherry taste, next time around I would make a different choice. Other than that it was really good! Enjoy!
- 1 24-oz loaf whole wheat bread trimmed of crust and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3-4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 10-12 unsweetened dried figs, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh sage
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide bread among a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer; bake for 6-8 minutes until lightly toasted.
- While bread is toasting in a large saucepan heat oil on medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender; stirring occasionally. Stir in thyme, rosemary, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add figs and apples; stir well.
- Remove from heat, add bread; stir well to combine. Stir in broth and sage.
Post a Comment