Clean Eating Almond Joy Bites
Prep Time: 20 mins Serves: 10-12
I found this recipe while looking for healthy holiday baking treats. These are gluten free, vegan, raw, and free of any refined sugars! Such a great substitution for an actual candy bar!
- 1 cup raw almonds (whole)
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus 1 cup to roll finished bites in.
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 Tbsp. pure maple syrup.
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients
- 1/4 cup organic baking cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- Add ingredients for the bites into a food processor and process until a sticky dough is formed. Be careful not to over process, there should still be pieces of almond visible.
- Fill a shallow dish with shredded coconut, set parchment paper down to put rolled bites onto.
- Roll the dough into 1.5 inch balls and place in the shredded coconut, rolling an even coat. Place finished bite on parchment paper.
- Take 1/4 melted coconut oil and mix with 1/4 cup baking cocoa, 2-3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Whisk thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a piping bag or you can use a plastic baggy by cutting a very small hole in the corner of the bag.
- slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the bites in a zig zag fashion.
- Place the bites in the fridge until the chocolate hardens!