Clean Eating Sweet Potato Brownies
This week I decided to test out these clean eating sweet potato brownies in honor of National Brownie Day...I expected them to be good, but they exceeded my expectations! A great healthier alternative to the regular boxed brownies and they are also gluten free!
- 1 1/2 cups of naked mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup of nut butter (I used cashew)
- 3 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or cocao nibs
- peel, dice, and steam 1 large sweet potato. Once steam use food processor to mash, put aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the chocolate chips, adding the egg last.
- Fold chocolate chips in
- Lightly coat an 8x8 pan with coconut oil.
- Once ingredients have been mixed, pour batter into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!!
Post a Comment