Homemade Vegetable Soup
I was feeling sick the other day and needed some soup in my life STAT. This was a very basic, easy to make recipe that satisfied my craving.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups mixed chopped vegetables (I used green beans and broccoli)
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot
- Add onion, carrots, celery, heat 3-4 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add the rest of the veggies and heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Stir so that the spices coat all of the vegetables.
- Add Bay leaf and broth, bring to a simmer.
- Remove bay leaf and serve! Top with Parmesan or dairy free cheese and enjoy!
Post a Comment