Best Veggie Burger Ever!
I have been searching high and low for a new veggie burger that doesn't contain canola oil and meets my burger standards. I have yet to find a store-bought burger that I like, so I took to the internet to find some good home-made recipes. Upon my search, I found this Black Bean Zucchini Burger on the ifoodreal site and I absolutely love it! Here's how it's made:
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked (measure after)
- 2, 14 oz cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup (1 small) grated zucchini, liquid squeezed out.
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2-4 Tbsp. coconut oil, for frying
- Cook rice as per package instructions.
- In a large bowl, add the black beans and mash until it becomes a coarse puree with some bean chunks. A coarser texture means a "meatier" burger. Add the remaining patty ingredients (except oil) and mix.
- Preheat a large skillet on low-medium heat and coat generously with coconut oil. Scoop 1/2 cup patty mixture and form into a patty, place the patty on the skillet. Do this for the remainder of the ingredients. Fry 7-8 minutes or until crispy and golden on each side.
- Add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Looks delish! What's the brand of sesame seed/whole wheat bun you used? -EPReplyDelete