White Bean Chili With Jalapeno Bulgur
I haven't been eating any meat lately so have been trolling the internet for good vegetarian recipes. I came across this chili recipe from realsimple.com and had to share it with you all! It was quick and easy to make and tasted absolutely delicious. Definitely hit the spot on a cold and snowy day here in Boston!
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add bulgur and simmer, covered, until all the water is absorbed and the bulgur is tender. 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook until tender. 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper, cook until fragrant. 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add the beans and simmer until thickened. About 10 minutes.
- Stir the lemon juice, scallions, jalapeno, remaining olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper into the bulgur.
- Divide the chili among bowls, top with bulgur.