Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup warm water, heated to 110 degrees F.
- 1 teaspoon vegan sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups bread flour, divided, plus more for kneading.
- olive oil spray
- Combine the water and sugar in a large bowl. Add the yeast and set aside. Let it sit and activate for 10 minutes, or until a thick foamy layer forms on top.
- After the yeast has activated, mix in the oil and salt. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and stir (or mix) after each addition until combined. Use your hands to knead the dough when it gets too difficult to stir. Continue to add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until you have a soft ball of dough (you may not need all 3 cups).
- Lightly spray the inside of a large bowl with olive oil. Place the ball of dough in the bowl, cover with a damp kitchen towel, and store in a warm, non-drafty place. Let is rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Gently punched down the doubled ball of dough a couple of times. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- Split the dough in half and use as directed in your pizza recipe of choice.
Post a Comment