Recipe Thursday: Flourless Banana Honey Muffins
Last week I started my recipe Thursday series where every Thursday I test out clean eating recipes that I find online and let you know if they are worth trying out. This week I tested out a Flourless Banana Honey Muffin recipe that I found over at chocolate covered Katie.
Overall, the recipe was really easy to make with very limited clean up which made me happy. The muffins tasted really good, but I wish I had added a handful of chocolate chips like Katie suggested in her post. Out of two thumbs up, I give these muffins 1 and a half and almost 2 if I had added the chocolate chips. Test them out and let me know what you think! Don't forget to check back every Thursday for a new recipe!
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 can 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Optional handful chocolate chips, walnuts, shredded coconut, etc. (I used walnuts).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line 8-9 muffin cups.
- Drain beans, rinse well, pat dry.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups, be sure not to over fill.
- Bake for 20 minutes (they will look underdone)
- Let sit for 20 minutes (they will firm up)
If you have a recipe suggestion for me to test out, please post it below!
Post a Comment