clean eating recipes eating for weight loss
Recipe Thursday: Veggie Noodles with Curried Coconut Sauce7:48 AMJaime Messina
I got this recipe from Jamie Oliver's blog. I had been pretty excited to make it because I LOVE veggie noodles. I will say I was a tad disappointed with the taste. I feel like if I had added more spices and herbs it would have been delicious, but I felt that it was a bit bland. Also, I prefer my noodles to be cooked. That being said, I feel like this recipe has potential to be amazing with a couple of personal tweaks based on preference!
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 2 corn cobs (kernels only)
- 1 large handful of mixed herbs, such as coriander, flat-leaf parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme
Curried Coconut Sauce:
- one small shallot
- one small clove of garlic
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 1/2 a fresh green chile
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 lime, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 and 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. medium hot curry powder
- First make the sauce. Peel and roughly chop the shallot, garlic, and ginger, and roughly chop the chili. Add turmeric. Zest and juice the lime.
- Blend all the sauce ingredients except one tablespoon of coconut, in a food processor, until combined. Season to taste -the sauce should be smooth and creamy.
- Using a spiralizer, cut the zucchini and carrot into long noodles. Place in a bowl with the rest of the vegetables.
- Pour over the sauce and mix well. Sprinkle finely chopped herbs and the rest of the coconut over the noodles.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes until the noodles slightly soften, serve with lime wedges.