Recipe Thursday: Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I love finding vegan desserts and trying them out. This recipe Thursday I tried something brand spanking new...flax eggs. I got this chocolate chip banana bread recipe from Spoon University, and absolutely loved it! It was easy to make, easy to clean up, and tasted delicious! Two thumbs up on this end!! Test it out and let me know what you think!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 flax eggs (how to make flax eggs)
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease with coconut oil or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine brown rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, Himalayan salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas with a fork. Mix in eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures, making sure to stir out big chunks of banana.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan, top with more chocolate chips, and bake for an hour or until golden brown on top.