Peanut Butter Fudge
I'm pretty sure that I am addicted to peanut butter so when the peanut butter fudge won our vote this week I was pumped. I found this recipe over at The Minimalist Baker and it exceeded my expectations. I did have a little trouble making the coconut butter, but it still worked out well. I give this recipe two thumbs up and will be making it again in the near future!
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (just peanuts and salt is best)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3-5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor add shredded coconut and blend on high until a creamy butter is formed. This should take about 4 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and melted coconut oil, blend. Add 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup at a time until desired sweetness is reached.
- Add sea salt and vanilla extract, blend.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined pan and spread into an even layer.
- Freeze until firm (about 15 minutes) then use a hot knife to cut into even squares. It should make about 21 squares.
- Enjoy! (Refrigerate up to 10 days or up to a month in the freezer)