Recipe Thursday: Skinny Jalapeno Margaritas
Every year at our Messina family reunion we have "Cousins Night". That's the night that all the cousins cook dinner for the family. This year's cousins night theme was Mexican. We had a taco bar, guacamole, tres-leche cake, and of course lots of tequila. I decided that my part in cousins dinner would be to make a skinny jalapeno margarita. I had no idea that the creation I made would be the best damn margarita I ever had! If it is ever your job to make the margaritas and you like spicy drinks, choose this recipe!
Ingredients: (makes 2)
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 large green jalapeno pepper, sliced thin
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces agave nectar
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 2 Tablespoons sea salt
- lime wedges for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- At the bottom of a pitcher, use a wooden spoon to muddle the jalapeno slices with the lime juice.
- Add the tequila and the agave nectar stirring until all of the agave is dissolved.
- Salt your glasses and fill with the margarita mixture using a strainer to keep the jalapeno chunks out.
- Garnish with the fresh lime and cilantro.
Post a Comment