Recipe Thursday: Vegan Black Bean & Quinoa Chili (Crockpot)
Two of my favorite things about the fall are crockpots and chili! I LOVE chili, especially during football season! This weeks recipe Thursday came from Jessica in the Kitchen who brought us a delicious black bean and quinoa crockpot chili. Go check out her page, she has a ton of great recipes! This took about 10 minutes to prepare and 3 hours to cook! I give it two BIG thumbs up, and I will definitely be making it again.
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 small chili pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Add the vegetable broth, quinoa, black beans and diced tomatoes into the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Add peppers, carrot, onion, and garlic and stir. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Set the crockpot to high for 2 1/2-3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Post a Comment