Vegan Keto Pancakes
Being vegan and new to the keto life, I have been on a search for vegan keto-friendly recipes. I hear that being vegan AND keto is one of the most restrictive diets out there, but that it IS doable if done right. Since I drink Keto OS I am actually able to put my body into ketosis without having to eat a strict ketogenic diet (phew!), so I am doubtful that I will follow a vegan keto diet, but the more vegan keto recipes I like, the better! I found this pancake recipe over at MeatfreeKeto and I will say it was absolutely delicious. The pancakes tasted like peanut butter cookies to me and totally like dessert! I would eat these every day if I could. MeatFreeKeto has a ton of awesome recipes over on their site so be sure to go check them out!!
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Heat your frying pan over low medium heat. Lightly oil the pan with your oil of choice.
- In a small dish, combine almond butter and almond milk.
- In another dish, combine the dry ingredients until they are well blended.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, stir thoroughly until mixed well. Let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes so that the flax and coconut flour can absorb the liquid.
- Spoon the batter into your skillet and spread gently into pancakes.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes until the pancakes flip easily.
- When golden on the underside flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until done.
- Top with vegan butter, coconut cream, sugar-free syrup, berries, or more almond butter!!