Low Carb Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
The number one thing people ask me for who are eating a low carb diet is what they can have for dessert. I also have a sweet tooth so I know their pain. Although I don't believe in indulging in sweets on the daily, every once and a while as a treat is perfection and when I find a way to have dessert or sweets and also keep it low carb, that is even better.
These chocolate chip peanut butter bars were SO freaking good and less than 8 carbs per serving.
Total Time: 30 Mins Yield: 16 Bars
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Spelt Flour
- 2/3 cup Xylitol
- 1/4 cup Lilly's chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan and set aside.