Low Carb Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
The number one thing people ask me for who are eating a low carb diet is what they can have for dessert. I also have a sweet tooth so I know their pain. Although I don't believe in indulging in sweets on the daily, every once and a while as a treat is perfection and when I find a way to have dessert or sweets and also keep it low carb, that is even better.
These chocolate chip peanut butter bars were SO freaking good and less than 8 carbs per serving.
Total Time: 30 Mins Yield: 16 Bars
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Spelt Flour
- 2/3 cup Xylitol
- 1/4 cup Lilly's chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in the peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and set this aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and keep stir. Only if needed, slowly add up to 2 tbsp milk of choice as you stir. It will eventually become the consistency of cookie dough.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan, and smooth it down evenly. If you would like you can add some additional chocolate chips to the top. Bake for10 minutes and then let sit for an additional 20.
Post a Comment