Low Carb Keto Bagels
I haven't had a bagel in years. I also haven't eaten much dairy in years. Since trying to eat more keto I learned about Lactaid and have been attempting to test out keto recipes for everyone who is following the diet. My dad is strict keto and this time around I thought I would test out some bagels to share with him! Not only were these really delicious and easy to make, BUT they are also only 6 net carbs. My dad will be extremely happy with that one!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 5 Tablespoons cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and all-purpose seasoning. Mix until it is combined. Make sure that the baking powder is mixed in very well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and whisk, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir to combine. Return to the microwave for an additional minute. Stir well when removed.
- To the mixing bowl filled with cheese add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and you have a doughy mixture.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place on your baking sheet.
- Gently press your finger in the middle of each dough ball to create a hole. Form it into a bagel shape.
- Brush the top of each bagel with the remaining egg.
- Top each bagel with any seasoning of your choice.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown!