Keto Grilled Cheese Recipe
Holy Yum! This grilled cheese recipe is pretty damn good! I plan on making the cauliflower bread all the time for sandwiches! It was really quick and easy to make and totally helped with my bread craving! Enjoy!
- 3 cups of cauliflower rice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese
To make you own Cauliflower Rice
- Starting with 1 medium sized cauliflower head
- Cut florets off cauliflower stems.
- Place florets in the food processor and pulse on high until rice-like consistency forms.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can use a grater.
To make Cauliflower Bread
- Place 3 cups of cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 7 minutes.
- Once cooled, place cauliflower in a cheesecloth (can substitute heavy duty paper towel) and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Return to bowl and mix in egg and cheese
- Season with salt and pepper (add a tablespoon of fresh chopped herbs like rosemary or parsley for more flavor!)
- Form dough into bread slices about 1/3” thick.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 450 for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and remove with a spatula.
To make the Grilled Cheese
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until butter starts to sizzle.
- Place one piece of bread in butter and top with cheese slices.
- Cover the skillet with a lid until cheese is almost melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Top the sandwich with the other piece of bread and flip the sandwich over.
- Cook until golden brown 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Optional: Add cooked Bacon or favorite deli meat with cheese slices.