Keto Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
I made these cupcakes the other day for my friends birthday everyone loved them! They were quick and easy to make and tasted delicious. The chocolate ganache frosting definitely makes the whole cupcake! I will say that they taste much better when you let them chill in the fridge for a couple hours!
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp zero calorie sweetener (Swerve)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp konjac (Glucomannan) powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put 4 paper liners in either cupcake tin or silicone cupcake molds on a cookie sheet. Spray with vegetable oil spray, if desired.
- In a small mixing bowl (or cereal bowl) stir together the dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, salt, Glucomannan, and baking powder.
- Add all the wet ingredients: melted butter, cream, vanilla extract, vanilla, and egg.
- Stir all ingredients until thoroughly mixed and not lumpy.
- Divide batter evenly into 4 previously prepared cupcake liners. Place in oven and bake 14-16 minutes. (Tops of cakes will be light colored, but lose their glossiness when cupcakes are done.)
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1 Tablespoon 72% chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoon powdered Swerve Sweetener
- in a small microwave-proof bowl place the chocolate butter and cream.
- Microwave on high 20 seconds. Remove mixture from microwave and stir. If it's not fully melted microwave in 10-second intervals until melted. Do not overcook or the chocolate will scorch.
- When melted, stir in the sweetener and continue stirring till mixture is smooth and glossy. Use as desired.