Keto Super Bowl App: Cheese Burger Muffins
The past couple weeks I have been trying out keto friendly super bowl apps for you all sharing which winners you should make on game day! This cheeseburger muffin recipe I found over at Ruled Me. The first thing I noticed was how cute they were! Definitely a fun looking treat. That being said, they were good, but taste wise they were not anything special for me. I do think that if I had the silicone muffin cups that the recipe called for then it may have made a huge difference in how much I could actually get into the muffin making it taste better, but at the end of the day, I personally think I would like to keep my muffins sweet. I give this recipe one thumb up out of two because they did still taste good, I would eat them, and they were cute.
Cheeseburger Muffin Buns
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 16 ounces ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (1.5 oz.)
- 18 slices baby dill pickles (1 pickle)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Measure out the ground beef and place into a hot pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef until browned on the bottom, the season with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato paste. Mix together and turn off the heat. You should be left with “rare” (only semi-cooked) ground beef.
- Mix together the dry ingredients for the muffins and pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Add wet ingredients into the muffin mixture and mix well.
- Divide up the mixture for the muffins into silicone muffin cups. Indent the muffin using your finger or a spoon to give space for the ground beef. Then, fill each muffin with ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are browned slightly on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and top with some cheese, then broil for an additional 1-3 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then remove from the silicone muffin cups.
- Serve and enjoy! Top with chopped pickles, ketchup, mustard or your favorite condiments!
This makes 9 Keto Cheeseburger Muffins. Each muffin comes out to be 255.67 Calories, 19.67g Fats, 2.97g Net Carbs, and 14.6g Protein.
Post a Comment