Did they taste exactly like fries? No! Did these jicama fries do the trick? Yes! For me, consistency is huge and these jicama fries totally mimicked what fries would taste like. Jicama is a bit higher in carbs than radish or turnip. So if you are on a strict keto diet, you may want to use those root vegetables instead but if you are lazy keto/low carb like I am, they fit perfectly into my plan!
2 cups jicama sliced (about 1 small)
2 tablespoons avocado oil
3/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. Peel jicama and slice into french fry pieces.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sea salt into a medium pot of water. Bring to a boil.
3. Boil jicama fries in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain in colander.
4. Place drained jicama pieces into a large mixing bowl. Coat with avocado oil, then sprinkle on 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Blend in spices.
5. Spread fries onto oiled baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, turning halfway through baking time, until fries are crisp.