Keto Thin Mints
Dude!!! I found these sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb cookies over at All Day I Dream About Food and holy crap they were perfection! We had a house full of kids who normally avoid anything that is sugar-free and the entire plate was demolished! If you are a thin mint monster like I am but also living a low carb sugar-free lifestyle, this recipe is for you!
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 7 oz Lily's dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, butter and vanilla extract. Stir well until dough comes together.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper to desired thickness, but no more than 1/4 inch thick. Lift off top piece of parchment and set aside.
- Using a 2-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out circles of dough and lift gently. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet. Gather up scraps of dough and reroll until too little is left to roll out.
- Bake cookies until firm to the touch, 20-30 minutes which will vary depending on how thinly you rolled your dough. Remove and let cool. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Place a metal bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, not allowing the bowl to touch the water. Melt the oil and chocolate together in the bowl, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
- Dip the cookies into chocolate, using two forks to turn over and fully coat cookie. Lift out the cookie and gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate, then place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until fully set.
I found that keeping them in the freezer made that even better!!!