Low Carb Enchilada Soup
I have been needing a good soup recipe. Being from Boston, I have been freezing and needed something low carb and delicious to warm me up. Thanks to the Ruled Me blog I have found a winner!
This makes 4 (1.5-cup) servings. Each serving comes out to 365.5 Calories, 33.64g Fats, 8.58g Net Carbs, and 16.8g Protein.
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces chicken, shredded
- ½ medium lime, juiced
- Dice 3 stalks of celery (cut the tips off of each end) and 1 medium red bell pepper. Mince the 2 teaspoons of garlic (about 2 cloves) and get your cilantro out.
- In a pot, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Let this cook until the celery softens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once celery is cooked, add 1 cup diced tomatoes and stir well. Let this cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add spices and additional salt and pepper if needed. Stir this up and leave for 1-2 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop up the cilantro (make sure you cut the stems off). You’ll need about 1/2 cup in total.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and cilantro to the pan. Stir everything together.
- Bring the soup up to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Let this simmer for 20 minutes.
- Measure out the cream cheese and add it to the pan. Stir in well and bring to a boil again. Once boiling, turn to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with a fork. You can either cook this fresh as you’re making the soup or you can use leftover rotisserie chicken like I did.
- Once simmering, add chicken to the pan and squeeze the lime juice over the top. Stir together until everything is mixed.
- Serve up with extra limes and sour cream! You can additionally garnish with shredded cheese, extra bell pepper, or fresh cilantro.
Post a Comment