Keto General Tso's Chicken
I feel like every week the recipes keep getting better and better!! This week we found the BEST keto general Tso's chicken recipe over at Ruled Me. I feel like we could open a restaurant with things like this on the menu!! Fry up some cauliflower rice for a side and we have ourselves a pretty badass dish!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place about half a bag of pork rinds in the food processor.
- Pulse them until they are a fine and ground powder.
- Remove the pork rind dust from the food processor and put it in a bowl. Add your almond flour and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl, scramble 2 eggs for dipping the chicken in.
- Clean off your chicken breasts, getting rid of any fatty or gritty parts.
- Cube your chicken breasts, trying to be as uniform as possible.
- Now get your station ready.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, dip it into the pork rinds and almond flour, and then put them off to the side to get them ready for frying.
- In a pan, heat up 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil and 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil. Once it is hot, add your chicken to fry.
- Continue frying them, flipping them over when needed to create a crust. You don’t want to cook them all the way through here because we’ll be cooking them in the oven later.
- Once they are finished frying, transfer them to a baking tray. I do about 2-3 batches of frying before I’m finished. Overcrowding the pan will allow too much of the oil to be soaked up and create a soggy texture. Add more oil to the pan as needed.
- Let’s get started on the sauce. Add all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix it well until thoroughly combined. It should have a dark red color to it.
- Cover your fried chicken cubes in the sauce.
- Mix the sauce and the chicken well, but being careful – you don’t want the batter to peel off.
- Put the chicken in the oven for . .
- After there should not be much change, stir the chicken and make sure every piece has sauce.
- After you can see that the sauce has started to thicken. Continue to mix the sauce and the chicken, flipping the chicken pieces of needed.
- After you see that it’s almost done. Flip the chicken and cook another 15 minutes.
- After the is up, the sauce has become thick and rich. Serve as you see it now, without mixing it, to give a nice sauce crust on the chicken.
This makes about 3 servings at 1.4 pounds each, depending on the size of chicken breasts you use. At 3 servings, it came out to: .