Low Carb Jicama Chili Cheese Fries
When I asked what you all wanted, you said fries! I found this low carb jicama chili cheese fry recipe over at Wholesome Yum and it was yum! I am always looking for cool ways to use my air fryer and these were not only delicious but super easy to make! Did the fry trick for me!
- 8 cups Jicama (peeled, chopped into thin matchsticks, 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches long)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
Keto Chili Topping
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 7.5 oz Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Green onions (chopped)
- Boil a large pot of water on the stove. Add the jicama fries and boil for 12 to 15 minutes, until no longer crunchy.
- When the jicama is not crunchy anymore, remove and pat dry.
- Set the air fryer oven to 400 degrees and let it preheat for 2 to 3 minutes. Grease the air fryer racks or basket that you'll be using.
- Place the fries into a large bowl along with olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, and sea salt. Toss to coat.
- For an air fryer oven:Transfer the fries to two racks for the air fryer oven, in a single layer. Place both racks into the air fryer. Bake for 10 minutes. Move the top rack to the bottom and the bottom to the top, then bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, until fries are golden brown.
- When fries are done, remove the racks or basket from the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 again.
- Meanwhile, make the beef chili. In a large saucepan or small pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula until browned.
- Add the remaining chili ingredients to the pan/pot and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, taste, and adjust chili powder to taste (I added an additional 1/2 tbsp).
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 to 10 minutes, or for as long as you want until flavors develop to your liking.
- Transfer the fries to an 8x8 baking dish, or any small oven-safe dish or plate that will fit inside the air fryer oven.
- Spoon the chili over the fries. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Place the dish or plate onto the rack in the middle of the air fryer oven (or just in the center of a regular air fryer) for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped green onions to serve.
Post a Comment