Saucy Chicken with Limes
Chicken is a common ingredient in clean keto recipes AND it can get boring some times am I right? This recipe not only helped me to spice up my chicken, but it was also honestly the best chicken I had ever tasted. Maybe that was because of how it was cooked, or the spices, but one thing is for sure...I will be making this one A LOT!
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 whole skin on chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, halved
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees F and place a 10 inch cast iron skillet into the oven.
- Take another cast iron skillet that is the same size or smaller. Tear off a piece of tin foil that will cover the bottom of that pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix cumin, turmeric, paprika, and salt.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and then with all of the spice rub that you just made.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and set it over high heat.
- Add the oil to the skillet and then lay the chicken in the pan skin side down.
- Use a spatula to firmly press chicken against the surface.
- Add one lime cut in half to the pan placing face down.
- Cook until the skin starts to brown (about 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, lay the tin foil over chicken and then weight with the second pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn over the chicken; cook the second side in residual heat for 1 minute.
- Squeeze the juice from the cooked limes into the pan and transfer chicken and pan juices to a plate. Serve with remaining lime halves.