FIXATE: 21 Day Fix Steak Fajitas
I got this recipe from the new 21 Day Fix Cookbook, FIXATE! I was seriously impressed with how good they were! This will be a recipe that I will make on a monthly basis from now on!
Want a copy of the Fixate Cookbook? click here!
SERVES: 4 (2 fajitas each) Prep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 18 min.
1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Teaspoon
- 1 1/2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Peppers, (cut into strips)
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb raw extra-lean beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warm
- 4 Tbsp. reduced fat (2%) plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add beef, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add salsa; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture, yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Post a Comment