Ultimate Reset Quinoa-Lentil Pilaf
I am on day 10 of the ultimate reset cleanse and this was our dinner. I loved how the quinoa-lentil salad filled me up, and tasted awesome. I wasn't hungry at all for the rest of the night!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, and turmeric; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add quinoa, lentils, lemon peel, lemon juice, and parsley to cooked vegetables; heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Fluff with a fork and serve!