21 Day Fix Turkey Chili
Serves: 8 Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 30 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1/2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 teaspoon
This past weekend my niece and nephew helped me make the turkey chili recipe from the 21 Day Fix Cookbook, Fixate. It was really good and easy to make! I ended up eating it all week long!
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 (15-oz ea.) cans kidney beans (or pinto beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 tsp. crumbled goat cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Evenly divide between 8 serving bowls; top with cilantro and cheese.