Spaghetti Squash Gremolata
Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 1 Hour Total Time: 1 hour 15 min.
Every Thursday during the month of November I am testing out a clean eating Thanksgiving side recipe. This spaghetti squash gremolata was very good. Although not my typical Thanksgiving side, I am thinking of adding it to the table this year!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4-6)
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 2 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, divided
- 3 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes diced, or two 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 yellow tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stem from the squash and slice it in half from top to bottom. Remove the seeds and place the squash cut side down on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until squash is able to pull away from sides in spaghetti like strands.
- As the squash cooks, prepare the sauce. In a medium to large saute pan, place two tablespoons of oil and heat on medium to high. Add half of the garlic and stir. Add the red tomatoes, salt and pepper, stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly thick. Stir in half of the parsley, half of the lemon zest, and all of the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the other half of the garlic, parsley, and lemon zest. Mix and set aside.
- Once the squash is ready and you have pulled the flesh from the skin, place the cooked squash on a serving platter. Top with the tomato sauce mixture, and the parsley mixture. Then top with yellow tomato and drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
Post a Comment