21 Day Fix Extreme: Meatloaf
I got this meatloaf recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme eating plan, and I was very excited to see it back there. My mom loves to make meatloaf...and she loves to invite me over for her meatloaf...and I love her meatloaf....only problem is, I can't eat it! My moms meatloaf definitely does not fit into my meal plan, but now I can have her make this for me! It was easy to make, good portion size, and fulfilled my meatloaf craving! For this recipe you use 1 red, 1/2 purple, and 1/2 yellow.
- 2 lbs Raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup all-natural mild salsa
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Ground pepper to taste (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine turkey, salsa, quinoa, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, mix well by hand or with a spatula.
- Shape mixture into shape of a loaf and place on un greased 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving!
- Garnish with parsley.
what could you subsitute for the salsa...i cant have anything tomato based?ReplyDelete