Recipe Thursday: Roasted Garlic White Pizza with Macadamia Ricotta
Because I am lactose intolerant I very rarely eat pizza...until now! I recently got the most amazing vegan cookbook, and am loving all of the recipes! Although this pizza was delicious, it does take a little bit of work. The pizza dough was made from scratch, I roasted the garlic as well, and the macadamia ricotta is also from scratch which does take a little bit of time. I found that making the dough and ricotta in advance made the recipe much easier! Let me know what you think!
Roasted Garlic White Sauce
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in water at least 1 hour, water discarded
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch spinach, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 batch Basic Pizza Dough
- Flour for rolling
- Macadamia Ricotta
- Lightly dust a pizza pan or baking sheet with cornmeal; set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Mix the non-dairy milk with the vinegar in a cup and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower florets for about 10 minutes, until they are easily pierced with a fork. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Gently squeeze each clove of garlic from its skin into a food processor. Add the steamed cauliflower, milk mixture, cashews, lemon juice, miso, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the spinach and water. Saute until the spinach has just begun to wilt. Remove from the heat.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to the desired size, making sure the dough is at least 1/4 inch thick. Spread the spinach on top, leaving a 1/2 inch crust around the perimeter. Spoon the white sauce on top of the spinach. Crumble the Macadamia Ricotta on top of the sauce.
- Transfer the pizza onto the prepared pan, Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crust has risen and is lightly golden. Slice and serve hot!